Maguire + Syncro worked together to support a Food packaging producer improve the efficiency and correct critical issues on their blown film line.
- Food packaging producer in the USA.
- Blown film process.
- Kiefel Co-Extrusion Line - 3 layer Blown film plant (2000 model).
- Critical lay flat variations.
- Critical bubble non uniformity and lack of stability.
- 2 sigma deviation between 10 and 13%.
- Increase throughput.
Technical Specifications of Blown Film Line
- Line output: 220 Kg/h (500 pph)
- Die size: 350mm
- Material: LL / LLDPE blend
- Lay flat: 550mm to 1990mm
- Film thickness: 60 to 155 micron
- Screw sizes: 60 / 60 / 80mm
- Haul off type: Oscillating
Maguire + Syncro Products Installed
- WXB Gravimetric Blender with M+S Extrusion Control with PLC I/O. Control interfaces to #1 Extruder + #1 Haul Off.
- Conveying management by blender.
- Air ring - Typhoon with one lipset engineered with 2 air streams to optimize stability and cooling, enabling increases in output.
- Air ring provided with stabilizer with manual adjustment.
- New calibration basket with the addition of OBC control and lay flat control.
- New gauging system - SkYmex capacitive gauging system
- New supervisory system - Syntrol Extrusion Control. The line has been configured so an upgrade to Maguire + Syncro's supervisory system can be easily setup in the future.
- Lay flat variations reduced to ±3mm.
- Achieved bubble stability and uniformity
- Lowered 2 sigma deviation from 13% down to 4%.
- On average, throughput increased by by 25% across the full product range and all film types.
The dismantle of old equipment, mechanical and electrical installation took 2 weeks.
Start up and commissioning took 3 days.